If you are tired of going to museums and palaces, which depend on companions and the strict regulations of group programs, perhaps it is time to wander alone? Or you’re not ready to overcome all the difficulties of traveling alone? Today we will talk about the pros and cons of such solitary tours.
We look for companions because we do not want to overpay for single occupancy: some hotels do not make the distinction, one or two people to settle in the room, and take a fixed fee per room – that is, in fact, sometimes living may cost twice as much.
But freedom is worth paying for. After all, traveling alone is, first of all, freedom, it is not only desires, but also on standards, assessments of other people. Thus, in a foreign city the view of strangers can be ignored. So what if it does not threaten life and health, is worth trying for the first time, for example, go to the nudist beach or join the demonstration of “green”.
There is no need to reckon with the wishes of fellow, even in small things: the differences may begin at the discussion of stage route. What lies ahead of you? Living in one room is a serious test. All people are different: one likes to order friends and always creates mess, one can not without the TV, the second prefers silence. This companion will want to sleep until noon, then eat, even though you have just got from the table, then devote a full day hike for shopping, then visit a stuffy museum, located on the wild outskirts of the city. Some even take offense if they offer a break for a while of interest, and then meet. The ancient Greeks said that the biggest thieves are our friends, because they steal the most precious – time. In the trip, when every second counts, especially a pity to spend hours at something that you personally do not need and uninteresting. And if you have to go with a girl, loving pictures, most of the day will go to the photo session, variety of items which would be envy of any glossy magazine. All this time will be able to save, if you go alone. However, if there is to click the shutter on the camera, and to be photographed, you have to regularly turn to strangers, even risking to remain without a photo.
A friend would need some other needed services in the journey. For example, look at the bags while you go to the toilet (in some airports and train stations in the road this institution through a few ups and down).
Most importantly, we need to be aware of the fact that all the problems will be solved themselves. Close people will react quickly if you need any help, because when you have bad feeling, the speaker explained in a tongue of Aborigines will be much more difficult.
On the other hand you can always just talk – remain a long time in silence, without being able to share emotions, to discuss the impression it is not easy, but finding the other person, without knowing the language, even more difficult. Therefore you have to consider what to do in anticipation of the voyage, during a long journey, and take it with a DVD or book.
While those who are fluent in at least English, by contrast, is a tune that they will not be able to relax quietly: casual companion usually looks for a person for many tales of the vicissitudes of fate it is among single people. So the chance to get acquainted with interesting people, and with a boring windbag at times grows.
And finally, the journey alone is an excellent way to stay alone with you. Because we are so often surrounded by family, friends, colleagues, there is not any moment to pause and reflect on life. And this is probably the biggest plus of such visits.
When traveling alone:
- Sign reliable friends the exact route of showing all flights, transfers, and coordinates of the hotels, which plan to stay.
- Leave your friends a copy of the passport, insurance policy.
- Considered and agree, thatthey can forward you some money if the need arises.
- Always keep emergency numbers with you: insurance company, the local police, the number needed to lock the card and cell phone.
- Do not take a lot of things, but do not have to constantly spend time searching for luggage storage.
- Do not leave belongings unattended: always use a hotel safe, and if it is not in the room, take advantage of the safe at the reception.
- Do not keep all the money and documents in one location, purchase a bag, hidden pockets on the belt, arm or leg, but do not forget to leave some money in a purse, so as not to disappoint and thus not angry robber.
- Keep an eye on the balance of your mobile phone .
- Never talk to the strangers, of course, will fail, but do not necessarily communicate to them all the details of their lives and to make any allusions to the level of wealth.
- Have fun and enjoy being alone – in the everyday lives many of us are rarely left alone!