Festivals & Events in Paris
Paris is bursting not only with love and romance, fashion and art in all its forms, but also with culture and festivals, music and celebrations throughout the city. May it be spring, summer, fall or winter, there is always something going on, so book some cheap tickets and head to the city of lights.
In spring you’ll see Paris at its most colorful. During summer, classical music moves outdoors, turning the quays of the Seine, the courtyards of certain hotels and many magnificent parks and gardens into alfresco concert venues. The rhythm does not slow in autumn (Night Festival, Fête des Jardins de Paris and other festivals) and winter brings fun and entertainment of a different kind. Being multicultural city, Paris also celebrates the Chinese New Year, the Indian Ganesh festival and the Belles Nuits du Ramadan. Paris welcomes energetic travelers to enjoy its festivals and spend a fantastic colorful vacation! Don’t forget about Paris champagne tours, wine and chocolate tours that can add extra to your vacation.
- La Grand Parade is an annual festival, originating from the 1400s that comprises three separate events that take place from December 29th to January 1st in various venues, especially the Grand Boulevards. They include an outdoor concert, featuring performers from the Unites States, held at the Salle de Fetes at the Mairie de Montmarte, La Grande Parade in the quaint and richly historic town of Chantilly on New Year’s Eve and Le Festival des Musiques du Nouvel An’ Paris on New Year’s Day. Marching bands perform in Trocadero – a splendid Paris venue, located directly across the River Seine from the Eiffel Tower.
- Fête des Jardins de Paris (Paris Garden Festival) is another beautiful annual festival that takes place for two spectacular days (September 27 and 28), featuring hundreds of free events in gardens throughout French capital, among which highly recommended re the fascinating Luxembourg Gardens, Parc de la Villette, Jardin des Tuileries and others. This is a unique chance to discover some of Paris’ amazing green spaces, including the vineyards in the 12th, 15th and 20th arrondissements.
- Festival de l’Imaginaire (Festival of the Imagination) is a celebration devoted to the music and cultural styles of peoples across the globe, which takes place from the 3rd of March until the 10th of April and is mainly held at Paris’ Maison des Cultures du Monde and other venues, including the Bagatelle Gardens, the famous Louvre Museum, etc. Alongside many performances, lectures and round-table discussions occur, aiming to enlarge our vision of the world.
- Paris Jazz Festival is held at the Parc Floral during summer months every year, offering jazz fans the unique chance to enjoy genres from Afro-Cuban rhythms to New Orleans style to acid and experimental. The concerts usually begin at 4pm and are free to all those who have paid the standard park entry fee.
- Paris Marathon (held in April) is one of the oldest of the big city marathons, a road race tournament that begins with a food festival featuring spaghetti bolognaise, then proceeds around the monuments in Champs Elysees and extends out to the town of Auteuil.
Some of the bigger events charge entry fees and you usually have to pay for food and drinks at street festivals and parties.